Reservation Procedures for Practice Fields
Once the league receives the allotment of practice fields at the end of January, all registered coaches will be sent information on what fields are available.
Because your team was registered and had at least nine players paid, you are now able to select your practice field! But do this quickly as many other teams who came in later than you will be following you in this process. There are only enough fields for coaches to have one spot so far, once we get everyone a 1st location the league will work on additional locations.
Follow this step by step guide to creating an account in the program called BOOKAFIELD, viewing what is available, making your selection and paying for it all on this new site.
TEAMS THAT ARE SELECTING FREEDOM FIELDS IN LENEXA MUST HAVE 70% OF THEIR ROSTERED PLAYERS RESIDE IN LENEXA. 3&2 WILL MONITOR THIS AND SPOT CHECKS MAY BE DONE BY THE CITY OF LENEXA SO MAKE SURE YOU MEET THIS CRITERIA.
Based on your position in the field lottery system, you’ll receive a message from Bookafield that will give you access to the on-line practice field rental system.
NOTE - During testing, this email landed in our spam folder. Please approve the following address to your system:
- You will be limited to viewing and selecting fields that correspond to your team’s grade level. Please also select a field in the calendar, you’ll be able to move to the next screen of dates by clicking the left or right pointing area in which you live.
- Before you can rent the field, you have to purchase at least one credit. The value of one credit is $10. Depending on the field, your practice fields for the season will range in cost from 3-15 credits. You’ll need to purchase the following number of credits to rent a series of 16 weekly (March 16-July 5) practice field slots at these locations:
- Shawnee Mission School District fields – 6 credits
- City of Overland Park fields – 4 credits
- City of Lenexa fields – 15 credits
- 3&2 fields (available only between spring break and the start of the season) – 3 credits per time slot.
- To purchase a credit, do so under the “My Account” tab, then select “Credits”. On that page, select “Buy More Credits”.
- To view and select a practice fields slot, click on the “Calendar” tab and then “Create/Edit”.
- From the drop down menu in the middle of the Create/Edit Reservations page, select the fields location of your choice.
- On the “Credit/Edit Reservations” page, click on the calendar icon next to the dropdown box that shows fields available to your team. Also click on the bulleted list icon next to that to show the calendar legend.
- There may be a note below the calendars that reads “This time grid is not yet available. It is available 3/16/2020-7/5/2020. If this note is shown, click on the 3/16/2020 date. To view the entire date range of available fields, click on March 16 and then fields that are available for your team will appear. Use the arrows in the upper or lower right corners to navigate dates.
- To select a field and time, click in that box. You are selecting a weekly practice slot. To do so, use the begin date and time of your first practice which starts the week of 3/16/2020. The end date should be set for the same date with the time being 1.5 hours later than the beginning time.
- To make this a weekly, recurring practice, select “Weekly” from the repeat drop down list. Leave the “every” drop down list at “1” weeks.
- Set the date in the “until” box to July 3.
- The number of credits required and the full price of this weekly practice time will be shown under your name above.
- Click the green, “Create” button.
- A screen will appear that shows the dates of the practice field slots you have purchased.
For more information about practice fields, click here.
For teams that are from the following areas, practices fields are available directly through that entity.
DeSoto School District
Johnson County Parks and Recreation District
Please contact Deron Toomay at 913-888-8055 ext 300 for more informaton or assistance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.