Reservation Procedures for Practice Fields
Practice times can be scheduled through our practice reservation system, Book-a-Field. Practice slots are 90 minutes from 5-6:30PM and 6:30-8PM during this time. Fields 10-13, 26-27 and Hitt Park fields where appropriate will be equipped with pitching machines.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current 2021 grade level and email address if you are a new team and want to reserve a spot. We will then create your profile in that system and send you an invitation to select time slots. Those of you that already have a sign on and have used the Book-A-Field system in the past do not need to contact me, you are already a registered user and may go select your slots starting February 15th.
Teams are limited to one practice per team per week.
Follow this step by step guide to creating an account in the program called BOOKAFIELD, viewing what is available, making your selection all on this new site.
1. To view and select a practice fields slot, click on the “Calendar” tab and then “Create/Edit”.
2. From the drop down menu in the middle of the Create/Edit Reservations page, select the fields location of your choice.
3. On the “Credit/Edit Reservations” page, click on the calendar icon next to the dropdown box that shows fields available to your team. Also click on the bulleted list icon next to that to show the calendar legend.
4. There may be a note below the calendars that reads “This time grid is not yet available. It is available 3/15/2021-4/15/2021. If this note is shown, click on the 3/15/2021 date. To view the entire date range of available fields, click on March 15 and then fields that are available for your team will appear. Use the arrows in the upper or lower right corners to navigate dates.
5. To select a field and time, click in that box. You are selecting a weekly practice slot. To do so, use the begin date and time of your first practice which starts the week of 3/15/2020. The end date should be set for the same date with the time being 1.5 hours later than the beginning time.
6. To make this a weekly, recurring practice, select “Weekly” from the repeat drop down list. Leave the “every” drop down list at “1” weeks.
7. Set the date in the “until” box to April 15.
8. The number of credits required and the full price of this weekly practice time will be shown under your name above.
9. Click the green, “Create” button.
A screen will appear that shows the dates of the practice field slots you have purchased
For teams that are from the following areas, practices fields are available directly through that entity.
DeSoto School District
Johnson County Parks and Recreation District
Please contact Deron Toomay at 913-888-8055 ext 300 for more informaton or assistance. Email email@example.com.